01 May 2006

Swag! And Other Good Things...


I've had a nice beginning to the month of May. I visited at my LYS and picked up Knitting On The Road by Nancy Bush along with some lovely ivory Regia stretch to make up the New England socks. This morning, the Postman dropped off more sock yarn - the blue skeins are destined for my Pomatomus socks - better late start than none! The beautiful wine coloured mohair is my score from a couple weekends ago when I finally visited an LYS in the East End of my city. The soft lilac/mauve skein is a hand-dyed stretch cotton that I purchased online - also destined for socks. The "Sock Of Shame" has become a finished object (cuff of the mate on the needles). I am so happy with the Regia stretch wool. It has a lovely feel - I was concerned that it wouldn't and the stitch definition, even with slightly larger needles (this pair was done on 2.75mm), is very good.

My "One Woman Behind-A-Long" has come to a successful close. The Picovoli is finished! One happy side-effect of blogging about projects is that I feel obligated to finish things if I mention them.

I have also bravely joined another KAL, the "Project Spectrum Sock Club". I am really looking forward to receiving the first skein! Mama E's colours are so vibrant, I'm sure this will be a fun project.




1 comment:

Emma said...

Quite the haul you got today! The yarn will make beautiful Pomatomi. Good luck!