My first socks for the Petals Collection KAL. These are "Calla Lily". (Summer of Socks #9). I changed these up just a little bit. I did a double start cast on - just because its become my favourite. I added a little band of purl stitches at the heel flap edge (a la German heel-style) to echo the purled cuff edge and I changed the Welsh heel to a French heel from Nancy Bush's "Knitting Vintage Socks". Don't tell my Gran - she's Welsh :). I wish the lace pattern showed up better in the pics - a live ankle would show it up better, but I didn't have a helper today. "Sizzle" is sidelined - just temporarily - another shell needed to be cast on - Kertzer's "Cats Meow". This may be a colossal flop - the stashed yarn I'm using is completely different from the called for, other than the gauge - however, used stash is reason to buy new stash! My Project Spectrum yarn for August arrived this Friday past and I cast on right away. I am not as fond of neutrals (other than black) as some but I do really like the "Augustus". I am making up the designing as I go and so far so good. Of all the arts and craft I've learned over the years, knitting is the one where I am the least adventurous - usually content to recreate the Designer's concept with no changes at all. I just thought about this after seeing a gorgeous sweater coat in an Autumn fashion magazine and after thinking "I could make that!", realizing I really never developed the designing skill. Fear of wasted time or yarn, I suppose. I am feeling like exploring the possibility more now - after my minor success with a sock, LOL!