04 October 2006

Socktoberfest Wednesday



Lolly had a mini-questionnaire on her blog pertaining to Socktoberfest. As promised and without further ado, here are my answers:

When did you start making socks?
I think I was about 8 years old.

Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
My Grandma Tupper started me off, and I relearned on my own using her old Patons leaflets.

What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?
That were a finished pair and wearable :)? A self-striping Regia with contrast cuff, toe and heel - still wearing them :).

What would you have done differently?
'Nuffin.

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
Jawoll, any Regia, Fleece Artist merino sock and Lorna's Laces and several different Indie hand-dyers and hand-spinners.

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
I rarely crochet anymore, I'm a die-hard dpn girl but am teaching myself 2 circulars for Socktoberfest.

Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
Flap all the way - you can jazz them up with embellishing stitches and the extra padding is nice too.

How many pairs have you made?
Hm-m-m... about twenty pairs now, including pre-blog pairs.


This showed up as I was posting earlier today - I feel better about my sweater prospects now!

Melissa! It's the first game of the regular season! Go Sens Go!! (and your team too of course, until we meet)

2 comments:

jayne said...

Mmmmmm...is that Sierra Aran in Walnut?? I have some of that from last year. This year I bought a bunch of Fiddlehead Green. You still have a pair of socks from when you were eight?? That's pretty impressive.

Melissa said...

so much for the start of the flyers season! it's going to be a long one for sure. oh well, i guess that's why there are 82 games!