25 October 2006

We Now Interrupt This Knitting Blog...

For comment on the rampant stupidity of current Canadian politics and who should really apologize to whom. What do you think gals? Should Belinda apologize to us? And does she need a lesson about what "Chicks With Sticks" means? It ain't hockey sticks Ms. S.

http://ottsun.canoe.ca/News/National/2006/10/24/2114296-sun.html

Is there a war in Afghanistan? Lax criminal laws in our country? Nuclear nutjobs loose in the world? For the love of God parliament, have her (I do mean HER, apologize) and get on with running the country!

(Thanks Tammy - I almost got a detention for laughing so much!) :)

5 comments:

CatBookMom said...

Thanks for the laugh. And you KNOW it's not just Canadian politics that are askew. I'm getting tired of hanging up on automated messages from Ah-nold, who's sadly likely to be governor of California for another few years, and all sorts of other nationally known politicians soliciting my vote. The issues I want to vote on aren't issues for my ballot box, and the ones that are, are largely ridiculous.

Melissa said...

people never cease to amaze me! especially the ones in power!

junior_goddess said...

HILLARY CLINTON: You know, I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession, which I entered before my husband was in public life.
from a 1992 interview-

So, no knitting, no tea, no cookies. Politicians aren't like the rest of us, are they?

CatBookMom said...

Karin, email me through the link at the bottom of the post on my blog about the scarf pattern.

jayne said...

I once read a bumper sticker that still makes me laugh when I think of it:

Don't Vote...It Only Encourages Them