I have been tagged by Vamantaknits. I've laughed out loud at some of the responses to this meme going around - either we are all just a little weird or just perfectly normal knitters :). But hmm-m-m... Only six?
Y'all asked for it, I am very weird.
“THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”
1. I am a crazy, over-the-top hockey fan. Apparently, I coach and skate along with the team (in front of my television), especially if they need the extra help, and DH says I'm rather loud at actual games - obviously not a TRUE fan! How did a ballerina get hooked on hockey (ha-ha)?
2. I am incredibly superstitious for a well-educated person. I MUST say "rabbits" at the beginning of each month (it's a Welsh thing). I enjoy reading astrology-related stuff. I do avoid stepping on cracks, and I only buy lotto when I feel lucky. However, I will deliberately walk under ladders and I think the black cat thing is stupid - I like cats.
3. I have a ridiculous need for order in EVERY aspect of my life. I line up and eat smarties in rainbow colour order. My cupboards need to be arranged properly (my way) - don't put the knives where the forks go. I cannot have a shower before my coffee. And if it's part of a set, I have to have the whole set (even if I don't really like whatever IT is). That said, my sewing room looks deceptively like piles of yarn, cross-stitch, sewing, etc. thrown everywhere, but I know where every item, down to the last seed bead is. Don't mess with my feng shui.
4. I believe that I am somewhat psychic. Don't laugh - electricity was once considered the work of the devil, but actually that judgment should be applied to jello. "Things" have always happened around me and I feel an unexplained affinity for certain people and times that are long gone.
5. If I am not going out on a weekend day, I will stay in my pajamas. All day. I am the sloppiest neat freak that I know.
6. I don't drive. I don't want to.
Oh, and the picture too (a bonus weird) - I fell in love with Hello Kitty in 1976, and she is the perfect accessory (one of many I own) to wear with my beloved (spelled skookum) "Bean" (it's like an ipod). My kids think it's hilarious to see me knitting like a maniac with Green Day in the earphones and Nancy Bush on the needles. Gives a whole new meaning to "Socks That Rock"!
I think almost everyone that I know in the blog world has already been tagged so, enjoy my little eccentricities and feel free to join in if you want.
(If you've got this far, I haven't scared you away) Jayne, you da bomb! I AM a word-nut, so in the spirit of "skookum", I offer this link to "muffatees" :).