04 January 2007

Yikes! I'm Tagged!

I have been tagged by Vamantaknits. I've laughed out loud at some of the responses to this meme going around - either we are all just a little weird or just perfectly normal knitters :). But hmm-m-m... Only six?

Y'all asked for it, I am very weird.

“THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

1. I am a crazy, over-the-top hockey fan. Apparently, I coach and skate along with the team (in front of my television), especially if they need the extra help, and DH says I'm rather loud at actual games - obviously not a TRUE fan! How did a ballerina get hooked on hockey (ha-ha)?

2. I am incredibly superstitious for a well-educated person. I MUST say "rabbits" at the beginning of each month (it's a Welsh thing). I enjoy reading astrology-related stuff. I do avoid stepping on cracks, and I only buy lotto when I feel lucky. However, I will deliberately walk under ladders and I think the black cat thing is stupid - I like cats.

3. I have a ridiculous need for order in EVERY aspect of my life. I line up and eat smarties in rainbow colour order. My cupboards need to be arranged properly (my way) - don't put the knives where the forks go. I cannot have a shower before my coffee. And if it's part of a set, I have to have the whole set (even if I don't really like whatever IT is). That said, my sewing room looks deceptively like piles of yarn, cross-stitch, sewing, etc. thrown everywhere, but I know where every item, down to the last seed bead is. Don't mess with my feng shui.

4. I believe that I am somewhat psychic. Don't laugh - electricity was once considered the work of the devil, but actually that judgment should be applied to jello. "Things" have always happened around me and I feel an unexplained affinity for certain people and times that are long gone.

5. If I am not going out on a weekend day, I will stay in my pajamas. All day. I am the sloppiest neat freak that I know.

6. I don't drive. I don't want to.

Oh, and the picture too (a bonus weird) - I fell in love with Hello Kitty in 1976, and she is the perfect accessory (one of many I own) to wear with my beloved (spelled skookum) "Bean" (it's like an ipod). My kids think it's hilarious to see me knitting like a maniac with Green Day in the earphones and Nancy Bush on the needles. Gives a whole new meaning to "Socks That Rock"!

I think almost everyone that I know in the blog world has already been tagged so, enjoy my little eccentricities and feel free to join in if you want.

(If you've got this far, I haven't scared you away) Jayne, you da bomb! I AM a word-nut, so in the spirit of "skookum", I offer this link to "muffatees" :).

8 comments:

Tola said...

I want a pink Bean! (pink is the bestest colour in the whole wide world!) And Hello Kitty is the best too.

Vamanta said...

Karin, I am wiping away the tears. You are so freaking funny! Thanks for doing the meme & I swear I won't bug you again and/or feel free to ignore me in the future. Aside from the Pink Kitty, rabbits & hockey, we could related. PJ's--check. Cupboards & utensils MY way--check. Sewing room---check. Gotta have the whole set---check. Psychic happenings---check.
Thanks for the entertainment!
Joan

Vamanta said...

PS..those pink socks are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are too funny! Saying "rabbits" at the beginning of every month? But the vision of a ballerina dead set in front of the TV, shouting obscenities at the players, well, that is just the best!

Anonymous said...

Knitting pink socks, toting Hello Kitty AND swearing at hockey players? You're perfect!

B

kimberly said...

Well if that's feng shui then I'm a master!!
I'm also very superstitious.
I too adore pink. But then again, that's absolutely normal! Thanks for your fun list, I'm not doing it my list is just too long. :)

Lisa W. said...

Ok..so psychic and hello kitty --not so weird in this crowd..the other stuff...maybe a little off center but far far from weird...I'd wear jammies all day on the weekend if I could get away with it....gorgeous socks!

jayne said...

Lovin' the pink! The bean is adorable. And I wear Pj's all the live long day (often actually). I am a bit nuts about organization, but I think you have a leg up on me. And several of us seem to have some psycho...pardon me, psychic in us.

I couldn't live without driving however...that one is a bit unusual. How do you get around?

Skookum blog! I'm off to check out muffatees.