27 February 2007

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

It finally feels like some real progress on Poppy. I wrapped up the fronts and sleeve caps today. Laying it out for the picture really helped me feel like I made the right design decisions.
When working on the individual pieces, I sometimes wondered if the end result was going to look like my initial idea. I think I actually like it :). As it turned out, I didn't need to make any modifications for my yarn - whew! Hopefully, I'll be able to finish seaming tomorrow.

I have another sweater on the needles - no photos yet, but it is such a wonderfully addictive yarn, I keep on picking it up between sections of Poppy. Oh well, I'm not on a deadline for these :).
I received a couple beautiful skeins of "All Things Heather" yarn from The Loopy Ewe - and look at the wonderful little notions case - isn't it cute? Hopefully, I can snag a set of the Loopy "sheep" stitchmarkers.

5 comments:

Scoutj said...

Poppy looks great!!

Estella said...

This is looking fantastic! Love the subtle colors and your striping lining up is wonderful. Can't wait to see it finished.

Lisa W. said...

Poppy...Poppy....Poppy...yeah, she's cool.

Jodi said...

Poppy's looking beautiful! You picked such beautiful colors.

junior_goddess said...

I like Poppy! I might have to check her out!