04 February 2007

Swallowtail Shawl And Other Project Progress

Very first thing - thank you to all the wonderful people who left comments on my last post, your support and encouragement are so appreciated. you all keep me inspired!

Here it is, blocked and ready to go to its new owner, my Nanny C. I love everything about this, even the blocking, which I hadn't done before, wasn't as arduous as I thought. If you'd like, click the picture for the yarn / needle details. (I have a 2nd photo here).

I am making progress on a few KAL socks, "Dalarna" for Knitting on the Road KAL, "Snicket" (my re-written version) for the Fall Cable KAL, some pictures below. Detail of "Dalarna" is here.



The "Green Sock" and "Plain Winter" and "Miss Violet's Pink Ribbon" are coming along too, but not enough to put up a picture yet :) !

Poor Argosy scarf took a backseat this week, as I tried valiantly to get all these sock-alongs under control - ha!

I seem to have acquired a fantastical amount of yarn recently - quick disclaimer - all of the socks mentioned above are being done in stash yarn - this is a complete accident on my part, although I am a little proud to actually be using some of what I have! Some of the recent additions came my way due to my recent birthday, certainly justified, wouldn't you say?

Here is the Yarn Pr0n for this week:


My "De-lurking" win, isn't it wonderful? It came wrapped so beautifully. My Artyarns Supermerino from Sarah for the "Wicked" knitalong, and (only two of these are new), Brooklyn Handspun sock yarn.

I have some yarn and needles up on Destash, if you'd like to take a peek and hope to have an update to the galleries later today. (I keep a page or two of knitting jokes, etc. that I've been collecting, under the "Knitting Funnies" link on My Other Crafty Pursuits (to the right) - if you need a laugh, just click).

14 comments:

Pat said...

Well, I wasn't even going to do Dalarna, but after seeing yours.....I think I will!!

Monika said...

Wonderful! Just beautiful! I love your Swallowtail shawl! You can see it's beauty on the second photo very clearly. Love your socks too!

jayne said...

The Swallowtail turned out gorgeous!!

I am so envious of your "Wicked" yarn and pattern. I just came across that yesterday whilst window shopping at KPixie. Love that pattern and yarn, and my birthday is months away...what to do??

And many congrats on your winning scarf! You deserve every bit of it!! It took me a day or two to realize that it was THAT elannite K from THAT water-cooler. :) Very pleased for you.

Marisol said...

Your Swallowtails is Stunning! Congrats on getting that done:)

Have a great week:)

Trish - My Merino Mantra said...

Karin, your Swallowtail is just gorgeous! How can you stand to part with it? Nanny C must be very special, indeed. Tell me, did you double strand the BC?

Having a Knit Fitt said...

What a gorgeous Swallowtail! I just don't have the mind for lace so I envy those who do - and you obviously are one of them. And the winning scarf is outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
Cate

Jennifer said...

Beautiful Shawl! and Congratulations on the elann contest.

Ms. M said...

Hi! A new reader popping on, I found you through Kelly at Hedgehog Knits. Your Swallowtail looks absolutely gorgeous. Very inspiring to see a completed version and hope I can have one myself some day!

Zarzuela said...

The shawl blocked out beautifully! :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

maria jansson said...

Hi! I am a Swedish journalist, working in Dalarna ( a part of Sweden) and I just ran into this sock "Dalarna" could anyone explain to me what it is all about.
Who designed it? How could I get in contact with that person?
Maria

Karin said...

Hi Maria,

"Dalarna" is one of several sock designs in a book titled "Knitting
On The Road". The author is Nancy Bush. The book offers several patterns with the name of cities or countries where Nancy has visited and added to her considerable knowledge of sock-knitting technique.

The book is readily available through Amazon.com. I know we have
members of this knit-a-long from Sweden (as well as many other countries), so you can likely find the book at a knitting shop.

I hope this helps you and thank you for visiting at my website

Best, Karin

smug sheep said...

Your shawl and WIPP socks are lovely. Wicked is a great pattern, I'm working on it now

kimberly said...

Oh that shawl is amazing!! Fabulous job!
kimberly
www.thegivingflower.de

Lisa W. said...

my previous post to you is gone...oh well....don't think i'm ignoring you! your swallowtail makes me totally envious! and I'm loving the Wicked! you will look great in it...the color is most excellent! I'm gonna lady E all freaking weekend so it will be done sometime this month...god what a bore she is! Did you ever meet someone you were so excited about to begin with and really interested in for a while then realize...huh....not too interesting after all? that's lady e. oh well,at least she looks good.