07 March 2007

Heartfelt Thank You!

Wow! I am overwhelmed by all the kind words, you guys are terrific! I loved making this sweater and hearing from all of you is so encouraging and inspiring, I'm almost speechless, thanks so much. There were a few questions, and I'll answer them here (I can't email back directly from Blogger, but always feel free to leave a contact, if you wish).
I had a question about the granite relief stitch. It is basically a double-size garter stitch that you make over four rows. It has a very slight eyelet effect after blocking, a neat stitch. And the sleeves were knit flat, I found the striping easier that way :)

A very small FO makes it's appearance today: The Daiquiri Sock, finished at last. This is for The Green Sock knitalong, Socktopia March and SAM3.


I wouldn't have thought of myself as particularly lucky, but just recently, I was the 1000th comment over at Zarzuela Knits and Crochets, and she sent me a prize - two skeins of Cascade Fixation :) Jessica is also the host of the Happy Along - this made me really happy! And I won a contest over at Mama E's, she had a vote on the favourite picture of FO's done in CyberFiber, and I won a custom skein, named for me :)!

In other news... Just two more sleeps until Sock Madness starts! Have you got your needles oiled and your yarn wound? I am really excited to see what the competitors will be knitting in the first round.


And for Scout's meme, One

5 comments:

Scoutj said...

Wow! Those are awesome!

CatBookMom said...

Love the Daquiri socks! What pattern did you use? And you are so lucky, winning 2 prizes of great new yarns. I'm especially craving some of "Karin's Garden" yarn. Will there be other skeins in this color or is this a personally-dyed skein? I'd buy some, ya betcha!

Zarzuela said...

Great socks! And you are very welcome. :) Good luck with sock madness!

Jessica

Karin said...

Hi CBM, The Daiquiri's were knit with the "Fluted Bannister" pattern by Laura Gallagher. (http://www.kelthaven.org/socks/)
I just heard from Erin (Mama E) this AM and The Sweet Sheep is going to be carrying "Karin's Garden"! I have a link to Michelle's store on the right hand of my sidebar, way down (sorry!) under "Stash Enhancement".
It was a personally-dyed skein, based on the colours in my hosta garden, but Mama E did have others up in her "warehouse" (linked to her name in this post). It had sold out - but should be at Sweet Sheep soon :).

jayne said...

I went off looking at Mama-E's shop and forgot to comment.

How cool that you're winning prizes. Fun!

You're just finishing things up all over the place. That must make you feel good.

I can't tell you how much I'm loving the whole dyeing thing. I look at those people who are selling their hand-dyes and I get a bit overwhlemed. Isn't it a ton of set-up? Do you happen to know the easiest and least stressful way to do this (you know, where I would just list what I happen to have, and people could buy it if they want to). I don't want to go whole hog, but I wouldn't mind going small piglet.

If you know anything about this, would you mind emailing me? jayne daht schmidt aht shaw daht ca