26 April 2007

Life Goes On...

Knitting continues to be like chain-smoking for me... and throw in a little "startitis" to complicate the mix! This is my progress on "Waving Lace" in Sundara Yarns and this yarn just kept shouting for attention - it looked like it would work for "Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana?", one of this month's Socktopia themes. I'm knitting it in Scout's "Fruit Salad" (from the wonderful Marisol). Michelle of The SweetSheep has started an informal "Monkey Along" over here, and my ZenString Bambewe seemed perfect for that. The start isn't until the first of May, but I have no willpower at all, so - here's the progress on Cookie A's "Monkey".

I did set this down on purpose, otherwise it would be done before the KAL starts! The yarn is phenomenal - hand, sheen, yardage, oops! A little drool on the keyboard...


And I have an FO - woot! For the Knitting Vintage Socks KAL, this is the April / May sock, "Little Child's Sock". Knit in Fearless Fibers "Hush", these were a fun knit. To the pattern but for the toes - I shortened them up a little for my ballerina feet.





And it wouldn't be KB post without Yarn Pr0n! I belong to a few yarn clubs, so I don't really need to buy more - it just shows up at the door... Well, that's my story!

L to R: Pick Up Sticks April kit, Zen Yarn Garden, Blue Moon April kit and Kim Hargreaves kit.

Think that'll keep me busy? The Lavold sweater is waiting for Autumn, and the Fleece Artist sees some sporadic stitching (said the Queen of Alliteration). Now if I could just order the instructions for teenage boys, life would be perfect!

6 comments:

Marisol said...

Love the socks in progress! That fruit salad looks awesome! I just love, love, love what you are doing with it. Can't wait to see these babies completed:)

I'm trying to hurry up and post and not look to closely at the STR club yarn as I haven;t received mine yet.... I peeked and stopped looking as soon as I figured out what I was looking at! I don't want to spoil my lovely surprise:)

Joan said...

You are amazing with all those socks, Karin!

Suzann said...

Karin you are the sock queen. I just discovered Fearless Fibers and Zen Garden. gawd Zen Garden colors are unbelievable.
The fruit salad looks beyond tasty. I will just go off and drool now.
Oh oh nearly forgot, the finish sock is beautiful. Fearless Fibers Antique Rose arrived today.
Do you ever wish you had an extra set of hands :-)

pat said...

I'm jealous of those lovely club kits! How do you juggle them all and still complete all the KAL projects? You are good!!
I just wound my Silkie into 2 cakes...it's even prettier than in the skein!
Your "Little Child's Sock" is the prettiest of those that I have seen - that lovely soft colorway does it! I frogged mine when the pattern didn't show up AT ALL in blue/green Cherry Tree Hill. Will knit again in a lighter less variegated yarn....
PS - It's not a bad addiction

CatBookMom said...

Wow! You do have a lot of socks in the WIPs column! I can't quite decide which of them I like the most, but the Monkey socks, both the design and how the yarn is working in that design, is maybe #1. I have only 3 pairs in the WIPs, and sadly, my Horcrux socks are still untouched after nearly 2 weeks. Sigh. You have helped me get mentally back to socks. Thanks!!

benne said...

Look at all those gorgeous socks! I love that new Blue Moon kit. I do have a couple of questions. How many times a day do you change your socks? And how do you every choose which pair to wear? ;-}