20 April 2007

Some FO's and Life FO's (of the other sort)

I have been a little neglectful of my blogging and visits to other blogs lately, some things here at home require my undivided attention. This is my little corner of sanity, so I'll try to update whenever possible, but if I don't pop in for a visit, rest assured I'm missing you and hoping things get back to (what passes for) normal in my world :).


I was able to finish my first sock for the Six Sox knitalong, yeah! The previous pair I started, Scales Socks are languishing, 3/4's done and I don't know why. These "Horcrux Socks" just wanted to be made though, so here they are.

And I just completed my April-theme Socktopia socks this morning. These are an "April Showers" entry. I did some mods to the "Rainy Day Socks" pattern from MagKnits for these. The pattern was originally written for dk yarn, but I had to use my Natural Dye Studio merino / alpaca - it is such gorgeous yarn and it is between a fingering and a sport. Really happy with the results.


I have a little Yarn Pr0n for this week... To the left is my latest Pick Up Sticks package. Two new skeins of "Duets" sock yarn - I believe this officially puts me into Duets 'Ho status. And I decided on Louet Gems for my "Canada" sock for the Knitting On The Road knitalong. And I got some lovely freebies with this order - I'm really excited to try the Soak.

And on the right... my first packet from the Zen String Sock Yarn club. This is Bambewe sock yarn in a club colourway with contrast for toes & heels or entrelac or whatever! I couldn't wait to get started on this, so no skein pictures. These will likely be turned into Cookie A's "Monkey Socks". I can't believe I haven't knit with any bamboo yarns yet, but I'm really excited to see how it goes.

I have some sweaters on the go, I knit them all year long, yes, really, but no significant progress on anything just yet. Hopefully soon. Need to get a Project Spectrum knit underway - pink, yellow and green are usually among my favourites, better go check the stash.
Take care all, Karin

7 comments:

Angie said...

Looks good. I am knitting up my 1st pair of Duet socks and I am loving them! Going over to check on Zen String now...

Marisol said...

Hi Karin,

Your socks are looking lovely as usual! That Pick Up Sticks yarn looks awesome! I'm gonna have to check them out soon:)

I hope all is well in your world...It definetely had been a while. Take good care:)

Kelly said...

Nice socks! I love how the blue and white stripes worked out.

Lisa W. said...

great looking socks there! I think I'mgoing to do a week or two of "FINISH THE DAMN SOX ALREADY" since there are 4 singles completed and 4 matching ones on the needles...in a couple of weeks...after i finish Wren etc. Sorry things are so busy for you right now...but it will pass...you know...the ebb and flow and all :) thinking of you!

jayne said...

Yes, you have been missed too.

Life has a way of getting in the way alright.

I love the blue and white socks, and your yarn pr0n is lovely as always.

smariek said...

Wow, look at those pretty socks!

Blogging or knitting? That's always the question here. Fiddling on the computer usually wins out though....

Joan said...

Merino & alpaca socks? Sounds soooo good!