29 May 2007

Tags and Memes and Yarn Pr0n - Oh My!


No new knitting just yet - I'm still working on my "Waving Lace"socks for the Evelyn Clark knitalong, and the two other lacey pairs. Looks like I won't get things done for May - bad "Alonger" that I am.

Here's one of the distractions - my May Pick Up Sticks kit arrived today. This one is really pretty, the yarn included this time is Seacoast.

And I have been tagged by Kimberly. Gulp! So, I'll be brave and put this up. I've seen a few of these on the blogs and I'm afraid I'm not nearly as interesting as some of you out there. I'll apologize in advance for that and also to my victims - you can always get even :)!

Here is how it works: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. Remember to leave a comment for them letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog.

1. I am a terrible pack rat - I find it nearly impossible to throw things away - including margaine tubs, shopping bags, anything that might even remotely be useful.

2. I occasionally get frustrated with my own "pack rattedness" and go on cleaning rampages, usually to find within two weeks of said rampage, a use for at least one of the items I've gotten rid of.

3. I love makeup and sometimes will buy two or three items from a new seasonal collection - but I almost never wear makeup anymore (even though I probably should!)

4. I have a paralyzing fear of sharks, I have been known to leave the room (quickly) if they appear in a movie or show we are watching.

5. I have all my wisdom teeth - I suspect they may be faulty - ha ha !

6. I don't like "Casual Friday" dress - mostly 'cause I look thinner in dress pants.

7. I have a habit of starting many things all at once; books, knit projects, household chores. I seem to get more accomplished if I can bounce from one thing to another.

Now I’m supposed to name 7 blogs that I want to tag (sorry gals!). I haven't been getting around to commenting as often as I'd like lately, but here are some of the blogs that are definitely worth reading. At Jayne's you'll find some lovely yarns, Smariek Knits has wonderful patterns, and Michelle at Sweet Sheep has fabulous yarn too - just leave some for me, OK?

5 comments:

Marisol said...

Hey one more thing in common--well a couple of things really:)

1) I have all my widsdom teeth too (I was too chicken to getting them pulled)

and

2) I'm also a pack rat!

Susan Pandorf said...

I too am a pack rat. I just added an avatar to my new website (http://afewstitchesshort.blogspot.com/) from meez.com and I was torn between two backgrounds: the cozy cabin that my husband and I are planning to build in Michigan, and the messy living room option, which more closely approximates the creatively cluttered studio in which I write and knit.

Brutal honesty or rank idealism? The lady or the tiger? Which would you choose?

Blessings!

Joan said...

Karin, I am a meme-free zone but I enjoyed reading yours. I wish I could have freed my father of his pack-rattedness before he died unexpectedly and I had to deal with it all. It was a mind-bending, cosmic warning for me and as a result I now save almost nothing. I lost my first wisdom tooth last year and with only local anesthesia, it was a gruesome experience.
OK, this is depressing so I am moving on...LOL.

Grace Yaskovic said...

we can count on Karin for some of the best yarn pron!!!

jayne said...

Sure, tag me. I've been tagged for this one, but avoided it. Guess I'll have to do it now that I've been tagged twice.

I'm not a pack rat, but I do have my wisdom teeth. They're not working.