12 August 2007

Psycho Knitter, Qu'est-ce que c'est?....

Anniversary Socks

Sockamania #1 Fa, fa, fa, fa, fa, fa, fa, fa, finished objects! (with apologies to my beloved Talking Heads)

Two more down for SOS '07 and my first sock for the Sockamania knitalong (love this one). The green is my first sock from the Favourite Socks book - Anniversry Sock - and it was knit in this month's Pick Up Sticks sock club yarn. The blue is "Spiralling Socks", the spirals mirror each other on the left and right sock. This was done in J. Knits yarn from the Loopy Ewe. Love this yarn - it's very fine and soft and the varigations are perfect (I'm not a fan of "pooley" and "stripey", unless I buy a self-striping).

The second installment of Socktopia's Mystery Sock came out yesterday, I'd just cast on the 2nd cuff - didn't want to stop knitting with the yarn - so I'm anxious to get started on Part two today. And I finally have my Six Sox "I Love Gansey" started - this is coming out better than I expected, the yarn is NOT fighting with the design and that makes me happy :). I'll cast on my "Shooting Stockings" for my commuter sock - nothing else is portable - what with charts and working from two ends of a yarn cake!

Mystery Sock Part 1Yarn Pr0nGansey Sock Yes - I probably need an intervention...

Oh! And this is totally cool....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was nominated by SMariek, who has some of the best (free) hat / scarf and "warshrag" patterns that I've knit - drop by for a visit :)!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

wow, ALL of your socks are beautiful! I love that lime green sock, I need to try that pattern, I have the book...

Suzann said...

Hello, my name is Suzann and I knit socks. You are just as sane as the rest of us Karin :-) Which is probably not saying much
I love the bright green yarn color. But they all look beautiful

smariek said...

I can never get over how fast you knit socks!

junior_goddess said...

Hey. I know you can kick Ann Budd's sock-knitting ass. I'd bet on you in a minute.

Joan said...

LOL on the intervention. Beautiful socks, Karin!

Giulia M. said...

You don't need an intervention! If anything, you should work on bottling your sock knitting mojo. You'd be a billionaire.

I'd buy some :)


Giulia
KnitFree

pat said...

Oooo the Anniversary Socks are elegant and oh so beautiful!
and I love the gently variegated soft colored yarn for your ganseys!