15 December 2010

And Here's The More...


Ha! That one made me laugh :). 'Tis the season for jokes circulating at work... I do have more FO's and (drumroll please) will actually have completed a pair of socks by year's end.
I KNOW... How does a designer of primarily socks only manage one pair in a calendar year? Things have been busy and interesting. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Here's a little Yarn Pr0n for you. I've shown admirable restraint this year but have joined "The Victorian Writers" club as well as the Crown Mountain Farms Sock Hop club for 2011.
Cherry pickin' from now on lest my friends and family stage an intervention!


Musically, we continue on with the Open Mics, always fun. Recently saw Ozzy Ozbourne for the first time with my Bestest Friend Frankie. This is us at our mini pre-show:


So, all this music stuff (and I finally have the time to get back into it!) lead me on a quest to find some of my old favourite tunes. I have some pretty obscure and eclectic tastes and it hasn't been easy to find and upload everything that I want. Thank goodness for acquiring a turntable where I can play my old British imports, EP's and Canadian Indie and convert it to CD - BEST INVENTION EVAH!
What I did find was a fabulous blast from the past. A huge concert that I attended, dubbed "The Woodstock of Punk" and actually called "Heatwave":



For my former friends who attended with me, I think you may still actually get a kick out of the advertising poster above and here is a link to the website where someone (bless their little punk rock hearts) has supplied a link to mp3 versions of the entire set played by Teenage Head, one of the best punk bands to come out of Canada.

Who'd have thought this event would even wind up on Wikipedia? Pretty neat stuff. See kids? Your Mama DOES have great taste in music!

I recently sent one of the songs to an acquaintance without all this background reference - my bad!
Note to self: email is never the best of communication tools...

Anyway, here's the complete story. Hope y'all enjoy this little "Blast from the past". I've been so happy to have recently seen some of these bands again (B-52's at Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest 2010, etc.) and they still kick a*se!!

No comments: