20 January 2015

First Guild Meeting of 2015

The Ottawa Knitting Guild kicked off with a great meeting last night.
I've been very sporadic in my attendance and must confess, I'd thought Guild might be too old and stuffy for me. Like so many things crafty though, the renaissance has gained fresh faces and younger devotées are coming out.
Our speaker was Anne Pitman, of Anne's Yoga. Her topic was yoga for knitters and she was a delight! Her warm, engaging speaking style and soothing voice, combined with the knitter-appropriate movements that she demonstrated, had the entire room attentive and participating. No mean feat to get a roomful of knitters to set down the pins for a bit!
I am a marathon knitter. There's never a moment other than work or eating - and sometimes I resent that! - that I'm not doing something with sticks and strings and it is hell on the Carpal Tunnel and even that old SUV injury at times. This brief introduction had me (and all the attendees) relaxed and smiling, even after a stressful day at work and the two busses in January scramble to get to the meeting on time. I think I'll be adding classes with Anne to my "Would Like To Do" list for spring.
The upcoming courses look interesting and I think I'll be joining the class that explores reading Japanese patterns. I have several Japanese knit and crochet books and I love the expanded range of designs v. North American but they can be a challenge.
I'm always looking for new skills and inspiration so... What new things are you looking at to expand and enhance your crafting this year?
Wrapping up with a little Yarn Pr0n :)
Yarn Pr0n destined for test knits

Manos del Uruguay Alegria and Silk Blend

No comments: