30 January 2015

TGIF! From The Main Blog :)

I'm wrapping up my week with an FO and buried under snow from the storm yesterday and through the night. This does not stop life here, Canadians know snow.
First up, I wrapped the test knit for "Cairo" and will be taking photos and doing the writeup for the pattern today. Here's my "just for the record" photo, there'll be better ones! The Cascade Venezia was lovely to work with, I may even try to find an excuse to work with it again soon, no matter the size of my stash. The design prototype is on the left in 100% raw silk and the test knit is on the right in Venezia.
Cairo Scarves ~ Finished
(c)Keib Designs
The printed versions of "Les Cloches Cannelées", were dropped off to my LYS, Yarn Forward on Tuesday and I'm crossing my fingers. Selling digital copies is wonderful and I had a wee flurry of interest this past week that's been a huge boost in light of some stress in my life. I do love the idea though, of the patterns being in a place where knitters are, where they can pick up the pattern, hold it up to the yarns on display, make their choices. Knitting and crochet are tactile crafts and that is a huge part of why I enjoy it so much.
I finished the "Sachy Hat & Mitts" and am mixed on the end result. Love the hat, love the finished look of the mitts. I do note that the pattern could have been written more clearly. I've been knitting for over half my life and was able to follow but I think the written section could have used clarification and some notes. I you're tackling the mitts are very large, even the smallest size. I did note this at the outset and these will be given as a gift :)
Sachy Hat
Untitled
The next knitting project is the "Stella Luna" shawl. I'll be using that gorgeous Tosh Merino Light in "Lepidoptera" that I picked up at last year's Needler's Retreat. There are large areas of stocking stitch in this pattern that I think will be ideal for showing off the colourway.
How are all of your first project 2015 crafts coming along?

No comments: