14 July 2015

From The Main Blog ~ Trucking Along

I'm in the middle of several projects as always. I don't get people who don't have WIP's - you know, like six or thirteen of them :p

I'm working at my second Filigree scarf in that glorious, reclaimed Camelspin. No deadline for this, so I just pick it up when I need a break. I've also begun the borders for my Log Cabin In The Silk Garden. The Lett Lopi I had ordered never came from the first company and I wound up ordering it direct from Iceland. Would you believe it was half the price?! It showed up a few weeks ago and I'm making time for it in between other things.

I did complete another Yorick Cowl. This one made entirely to my draft pattern and I'm super happy with it. I've tweaked the join at the centre back neck and am debating releasing this a little closer to All Hallows. In the meantime, that project and another Yorick are destined for my Etsy shop as "ready to ship" items. Slow but sure, I'm restocking the shop, it's a challenge to keep up with the blogging, FB'ing, etc. and still find time to knit!

The design bug is always biting hard and on that front, the next in my men's scarves is pencilled down. At the moment, I'm seeing it as a fully crocheted project and I've found some scrummy SweetGeorgia silk merino aran to play with the concept. I've also started the prototype for another ©Kindred Knits & Cohabiting Crochet design. This is a scarf with a nod to Japanese motifs and aesthetics, also with my favourite (dare I say signature?) design feature for combining widely differing yarns into one piece. I'm liking how it's working up so far and always love to see a little more stash being busted.

I better get at it, the day is calling and one more quick coffee to power up.
Cheers All! :)


No comments: