22 January 2016

Shop and Ravelry Updates

What's not fun about a makeover?!
Except all the work...
The time had more than come for an investment of effort. My Etsy shop is 8 years old now and I've been on Ravelry since 2007. Needless to say, many photos needed updates - some still need to be scanned for upload. Things like links, tags, SEO, other social media weren't around then and sadly, left some of my early posts and listings were very 'bush league'.

Today was the day that I made time to update some old knitting project photos and with them, did a massive update. I focused on Etsy and the trickle-down landed on Flickr and Ravelry. It's not quite finished but close to it and I'm glad with the results. Part of the update process was to unpack, evaluate and post or pitch my many counted cross stitch kits and supplies. At one time, I was as obsessed with this craft as I currently am with knitting and the CCS stash accrued shows it! The bottom line had to be, I will never be able to do it all (36 kits x 1 month to complete = 3 years of samplers and that isn't all of them!) and the same is true for my knitting. Knitting won. The prize is that all of my 'Just Nan' sampler charts / kits are listed on Etsy and you can find those here: JN Cross Stitch. If you have any friends or family who might be ISO of these retired patterns, feel free to pass along the link. If you'd care to 'follow' or 'favourite' my shop - KeiB Designs and Knits-  please do! It'd make my day.

I took the time to update several FO photos of scarves that are in my Ravelry projects and also listed on Etsy. My 'M'amselle' mannequin is new and a much better model than the kitchen table, floor or Ikea cot that was my background for years :). This led to tweaking my LinkedIn and adding proper tags and descriptions to all that stuff in Flickr.

There are times that I really like this OCD thing!
How was your week in fibre and life in general?

A few of the 'Do Overs':


No comments: